Monday, May 4, 2009

Grilled Ribs

Once again spring is in the air and it is time to cook some ribs. This past Saturday was "We love Homewood Day" and was the perfect opportunity for ribs. First thing in the morning we headed to the park two blocks away for the hot-air balloon ride. Unfortunately it was too windy and rainy.



Around lunch time I began marinating the ribs. I usually marinade in a combination of fruit juice and barbecue sauce. After about three hours of soaking I wrapped them in foil and placed them on indirect heat to cook all day. The community parade took place at six and while we were there we invited two more couples to join us. Once back home I added hot dogs for the children and a couple of chicken breasts for the ladies. Also, I removed the cooked ribs from the foil packs, added my favorite dry-rub, and let them dry for about 20 minutes.


If you ever want me to cook ribs for you, please let me know. You supply the food and supplies and I will take care of the rest.

No comments: