Monday, July 9, 2012

June 9 Return Trip

June 9 Return Trip

Departure day from Europe.  We took an early train from Leiden to the Amsterdam airport.  We had a long lay-over in Chicago before landing in Birmingham.  It was exciting for us to finally see our kids since they were able, with my parents, to meet us at the airport.

On the plane back I did have a chance to reflect on my experience.  Getting to tour four colleges and one high school over the past week has been a wonderful educational experience for me.  The trip made me even more aware of how little I know about other countries and how they educate their students.  Also, it made me appreciate international exchange students even more.  With the language barrier and financial considerations to come to the US takes a special student.

I would also strongly encourage any undergraduate to study abroad.  The excuses of missing friends, American food, and football games are small compared to experiences that will be gained.



We left Europe with some cheese and a few duty-approved bulbs.  However, we also left with memories to last a life-time.


Flight track shows that we are almost to Chicago for our long lay-over.  Once I arrive back in the States I will depart Monday morning for a three-week work trip.  Laundry, packing, and loving on my kids will be the next two days for me.

No comments: