Thursday, April 11, 2013

Steps in a direction

It is said that before you go on a journey you must know where you want to know but where you are is just as important.  I desire to complete a dissertation.  However, figuring out where I am is a bit more challenging.  My first steps are writing chapter 2, then 1, then chapter 3.

Since returning from class I have progressed towards my chapter 2 literature review.  Today I had a quick conversation with my chair and realize how far I have to travel.  Much of my previous work is not detailed enough for a literature review.  However, it may be usable in chapter 1.

With weekend plan both Friday and Saturday I am planning on working as much as possible tonight.

Trying to work full-time, be a full-time student, be a husband, father, and sane person while writing a dissertation is challenging.  After summer school the full-time student will be complete. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: