Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pork Chops






We do not regularly eat pork. No specific reason. We do enjoy the taste of pork but usually keep our eyes open for chicken to go on sale. However, this weekend I decided to cook pork chops. I made a rub and a dipping sauce.
In the rub I used:
1 t. fresh pepper
1 t. paprika
1 t. brown sugar
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
Though I do not often make a dipping sauce I do enjoy it from time to time. I am a total amateur when it comes to knowing what to include in a dipping sauce. I followed a recipe but did add to it. This is what I used:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 T. sorghum
1 T. white vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. fresh black pepper
a few drops of Tabasco
Splash of bourbon

I combined these ingredients and cooked them on the stove top until boiling. Next time I make the dipping sauce I would probably use less water in order to have a thicker sauce. I would probably also use slightly more Tabasco.

No comments: