Saturday, May 3, 2008

Meet me

I am a man in my mid-thirties with two children and a stay-at-home wife. I work in education sales and though I am rarely gone overnight I do have lots of long days. During the fall I often return home after dinner and have either eaten on the road or will eat leftovers when I get home. Our dinner time during the week is usually something quick. The weekend, when I am never gone, is the time to really fire up the grill.



I love grilling. In fact, I would rather eat food cooked off the grill than any other method. Some people say, "the best steak is one they didn't have to cook"...however, I love the process of preparing, cooking, and eating whatever I cook on the grill.


Though many would consider me a rookie since I have only been seriously grilling for about five years I have watched my father and others grill for much longer. I have taken tips and bits of wisdom from several people and have combined them to grill some excellent food.



Through this site I hope to do several things:

-share what I have learned

-learn more

-post what I have cooked or will cook on the grill that week...mainly the weekend night.



I am always willing to learn more. It was only this past year that I was introduced to cooking on cedar plans!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Phillip -

I have been reading your great blog, love the title! Your food looks wonderful,I look forward to reading your grilling adventures.

Mike

BTW, thanks for the linkback!

Andy said...

I just ran across your blog, and I've really enjoyed reading it. One question, where on earth did you get that grill? That thing is perfect!