Friday, May 9, 2008

Satellite Radio

I am in the car a lot. Mostly, I am in a rental from Enterprise. Since I rented between 30-40 nights this past year they know me and treat me well. For example, I never want to drive a PT Cruiser (I think the initials stand for "Part-Time" since no one would want to drive that full time) and they do their best not to put me in one. They have even given me free upgrades.

The car that I have had since Tuesday has satellite radio. I was excited about this since I had only had one other rental with it. Satellite radio is pretty smart invention. The stations range from "The Coffee House" to 90's Alternative, "Elvis Radio", etc. To make sure they are staying in their niche they play a variety of good songs and then ones that never made the radio....there were truly some bad songs.

I am having a hard time finding one that I like. After a couple of days the newness has worn off and I am back to the regular airwaves. I do enjoy talk radio but after an hour or so of ESPN radio I am hearing the same things over and over.

Maybe tonight on my drive home I will listen to some political talk and see if they democratic party is any closer to picking a candidate....

I do realize this has nothing to do with grilling but when I was pulling out of my drive way at 5:30 this morning I was struck by the genius of satellite radio...charge $13 a month when people only have one or two stations that they even listen to....Genius.

No comments: