Sunday, July 6, 2008

Best Ribs in Alabama?

The Birmingham News is having a contest for the best ribs in the seven county area. The article can be found here:

http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1215159346228360.xml&coll=2

It asked for reader nominations. It also asked for people to nominate themselves as a "reader-judge". I sent in my request to be a judge. Once readers send in their favorites, the panel, which includes the reader-judge, will choose among the top 5.

However, it made me think about some of the ribs I have had in the area. I did a google search for "Ribs and Birmingham" and found 308 business listings. I had NO idea there were so many restaurants. I plan to send in some of my nominations and will try to avoid the obvious ones.

No comments: