Monday, February 16, 2009

Birthday Ribs

I recently celebrated a birthday and decided to have a nice rib dinner. I marinated the ribs for about four hours in a mix of juice and barbecue sauce. To begin the grilling process I seared the ribs on the gas portion of the grill for about 4 minutes per side. Then I wrapped the ribs in foil with a healthy portion of the marinade and cooked on indirect heat on the charcoal side for about three hours. Due to the number or racks I was cooking it was challenging to continually rotate them.

After three hours of cooking I removed them from the foil, covered them in a dry rub, and placed them over direct medium heat. After about ten minutes of cooking they were dry and falling off the bone delicious.

In general, I recommend always use baby back ribs for grilling purposes. Baby backs tend to be a little more expensive so for this grilling experience I used a mix of baby backs and other ribs.

No comments: