Friday, March 25, 2011

Dessert on the Grill


The grill is a great place to cook dessert. One the most important things before you cook dessert is to make sure your grill is clean. Nothing can ruin a nice dessert like drippings from the main course or crust from the previous days grilling experience.

I have tried fruit with mixed results so tonight I simply grilled flout tortillas with a butter and brown sugar paste. I added the mixture several times in the five minutes the tortillas were on the grill. Once the tortillas were crispy I removed them and served them with a nice scoop of ice cream.

Next time I plan to place an empty tin can on the grill and drape the tortilla over it. I am hopeful it will create a 'bowl'.

1 comment:

James said...

I bet these would taste good with a drizzle of caramel or honey.