Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pork Chops with Sorghum Barbecue sauce






I am not normally a fan of a sweet taste on meats. I enjoy garlic flavors and salty flavors. However, in an effort to broaden my palate I tried this recipe modified from something I found.

The marinade contained:
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sorghum
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (its what we had)
1/4 cup mustard
3 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T Kosher salt
1 T pepper

I added the ingredients into a pot and brought to a boil. After the sauce came to a boil I let it simmer for an additional five minutes.

The pork chops marinaded for about three hours in the sauce. After I removed them from the marinaded I poured the sauce back into a pot and brought to a boil. I wanted to be able to use it on the side.

On the side I grilled bacon-wrapped asparagus. I lightly brushed extra virgin olive oil on them and let the grill perform the rest of the magic.

The pork chops were very good and just needed more salt and pepper. The kids even seemed to enjoy them!

No comments: