Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Whole Chicken


I have had a whole chicken in the freezer since I worked at the Valleydale Farmers Market last summer. I defrosted the chicken and discovered that it was already cut into pieces. However, I wanted to experiment with injectable marinades so I decided to attempt to inject the marinade into the various pieces.


In the marinade I used:
3 Tablespoons of butter
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of black pepper
1 Tablespoon of onion powder
pinch or two of salt

I injected the chicken about thirty minutes prior to placing it on the grill. I cooked it loosely wrapped in foil for about an hour on indirect medium heat. After an hour I moved it to the hot coals for the remaining thirty minutes. At this point I put the wings and legs on the grill.


The marinade was very good but did seem to be missing something. Next time I cook a whole chicken I will probably add something to the marinade. Any suggestions?

No comments: