Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally football

I have been busy traveling much of the summer but have had plenty of opportunities to grill. I usually take pictures but, as you can see, have not updated my blog. Today we have friends coming over to watch football- specifically the Auburn/Mississippi State game. I am going to attempt to cook a pork roast on the grill. Later this evening I will post the results.

Driving home from working at the farmers market I thought I would post some of my SEC football predictions for today. I don't really know the point spreads nor do I know the over-unders. I have no inside knowledge so I would not recommend placing bets based on my predictions. Having said that....

LSU-Vandy. LSU did not have a great game last week but were on the road. I look for them to roll over my wife's Commodore team. LSU 27 Vandy 14.

UCLA @ Tennessee. Lane Kiffin has made everyone outside the state of Tennessee become Vol haters. However, UT should have no problems this week.

South Carolina @ Georgia. This should be a good game. UGA does not want to start 0-2 and USC is looking to start the SEC season with a win on the road. If this game were not the same time as my team then I would certainly tune-in. I see Georgia winning a close one 21-20.

Alabama vs. FIU. FIU has no chance. Alabama 47 FIU 3.

Mississippi State @ Auburn. I was one of the unfortunate fans who got to attend last years 3-2 game. I think that after that game the writing was on the wall for both schools. Six months later both schools had new coaching staffs. Auburn is picked to win by 14. Why? I have no idea. Both have new offenses and strong defenses. Look for Mississippi State to "upset" Auburn. MSU 28 Auburn 23.

No comments: