Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday menu and football

Today I am planning on grilling a combo sausage-beef burger. I have seen these called "ham" burgers or sausage burgers. To be honest, I am not sure what I will call them. I have not yet decided what spices I need to add. Depending on the sausage it may not need any. I hope to have an update posted soon.

Should be an exciting day of football. The forecast is for rain much of the day so between games of hungry-hungry hippo and Geo-trax, I am sure I will catch a little football. As I sit down to make my "picks" I realize how little I know about football.

Louisville at Kentucky- After living in Kentucky for four years I enjoy this rivalry. Kentucky is picked by 12 and I think that they will just cover. I see UK winning 24-10.

North Texas at Alabama. Look for Alabama to roll over UNT 44-3.

Tennessee at Florida. Marquee game of the day. All followers of football are aware of the drama that Lane Kiffin has created this off season. Florida is picked by 25 and it probably won't be that close at the half. Will Florida take their foot off the gas? With our current format for selecting national championship participants I look for Florida to win big. UF 56 UT 9.

Florida Atlantic at South Carolina. Two teams that I know little. USC 31 FAU 10.

Mississippi State at Vanderbilt. My Alma Marta vs. my wife's. A guys night out vs. a girls night out is on the line. Vanderbilt is rightly picked on paper. Good thing games are not played on paper. Mississippi State 27 Vanderbilt 20

Louisiana Lafayette at LSU. LSU takes down an in-state "rival" LSU 35 ULL 17.

Southeastern Louisiana at Ole Miss. Ole Miss needs a big win to justify their #5 ranking. Ole Miss 42 SLU 10.

West Virginia at Auburn. Another exciting game. Is Auburn for real? Auburn 27 West Virginia 23.

Georgia at Arkansas. Another game with lots of questions on each side. Is Arkansas ready to take it to the next level. Which Georgia team shows up? Odds makers like Arkansas. I like Georgia. UGA 29 Arkansas 17.

No comments: