Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shrimp Kabobs

On Saturday along with the pork roast we also had shrimp kabobs. While cooking the pork I twice added charcoal to keep the coals hot. Once the pork was removed the shrimp were added to the grill. Since the fire was starting to cool I was a little worried they would not cook. However, they were perfect.

Since one of the guests brought the shrimp I am unsure how they were prepared. From the picture you can probably notice the green peppers, onions, and pineapple on the skewers. I am guessing (how I would do it) that a heavy brushing of olive oil then adding salt and pepper.  The olive oil not only keeps the food from sticking to the grill but also adds flavor to the food!

The shrimp cook quickly...really a couple of minutes on each side.  Since peppers and onions can be eaten raw it wasn't too big of deal.  If I did it again I would likely have a skewer of shrimp and a skewer of vegetables. 

A loaf of French bread on the top rack rounded out our dinner.

No comments: