Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grilled Pork Roast

For football Saturday I decided to try to to grill a pork roast. Though I could not find a great recipe on-line I attempted to try. I cooked it similar to the way I prepare ribs. I used the dry rub of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I also dumped some barbecue sauce into the foil pack.

I also wrapped it in foil and cooked it over charcoal for around two hours.




After cooking the pork I sliced it as thin as possible. Some of the guests used barbecue sauce with the pork but it was fine without it. I have never tried an injectable marinade but next time I grill a pork roast I will try it.


My football predictions did not turn out well but I did enjoy watching the game and the fellowship.

2 comments:

CeCe said...

Philip,

We salute you for your culinary endeavors! Next time you try marinading, may I suggest that you use one of Tony Chachere's Injectable Marinades! They can be found online here: http://shop.tonychachere.com/injectable-marinades-c-8027.html

My personal favorite is the Honey Bacon Barbecue flavor, but they are all delicious!

Submit your recipes online at: http://www.tonychachere.com/recipesapp/Welcome.asp

We'd love to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Celeste Chachere
Marketing & Development Coordinator
Tony Chachere's Creole Foods

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, I used Tony Chachere's on pork chops Sunday night. I will update the blog with those picutes soon.