Friday, October 9, 2009

College Memories





Earlier this week I decided to cook a chuck roast in a crock pot to make barbecue. I seared it on the grill for about a minute on each side. Then put in the crock pot with a bottle of barbecue sauce. If I was feeling industrious I would have made my own sauce but store bought sauce was good enough for me.


I let it cook all night on Wednesday and had it Thursday for lunch. On Friday I had memories of going to Sonnys. It was a hole in the wall type place. In fact, in the middle of the floor there was literally a hole to the dirt underneath. Sonnys was only open on Friday and Saturday so Friday after class was an unofficial assembly place for my fraternity and many others. There were no menus and I don't remember anyone ordering anything except the barbecue plate. Two pieces of white bread and sweet tea with a heaping pile of barbecue. Delicious.

1 comment:

Mosshouse said...

Mmmm, it was delicious. Granted, if you were going to use a store bought sauce, Little Dewey's would have been my preference over Kraft but it's a lean financial month for us and having about 5 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce that ended up free after the buy one, get one free deal stacked with a coupon? I can live with that. I love you, grillin' man!