Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grilled Fajitas



I had a nice sized flank steak. It was almost two pounds and we had been craving fajitas. I searched for a recipe and could not find anything that did not involve marinading the steak for a couple of hours. So I decided to do a dry rub.

I rubbed two table spoons of extra virgin olive oil on the steak and then prepared my rub. For the rub I used:

2 teaspoons of paprika
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoons of Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoons of cumin

I combined the above ingredients and rubbed them into the steak. I would like to have let them season for a little while but we were hungry!


After grilling for about 7 minutes on each side I cut the steak into strips. We also had leftover chopped onion and green pepper from something we cooked about a week ago. Earlier this year my wife planted a pepper plant in the backyard along. There was one red pepper on the plant.


The peppers and onions were put into a skillet along with the flank steak. After cooking together for about five minutes the fajitas were ready. Next time I may try to marinade the meat but given the short time I had to cook, they were great!

No comments: