Saturday, October 3, 2009

Travel

For much of the past month I have been traveling. Lots of nights away from home. I am happy that the busiest part of my travel season is over. Though I will leave before 8am most days I should be home before five. I don't know who is more excited...my family or me!

I probably won't get to grill at all this weekend for the family. Though I grilled for a couple of hours this morning at the farmers market that doesn't count since the food wasn't really for me! We are headed to a birthday party later this afternoon so cooking tonight is out. Tomorrow Renie has "sorting" at kids market so I doubt there will be any grilling.

However, the rest of this week I plan to grill lots. I have a flank steak defrosting that I plan to make fajitas with later this week. I also have a roast that I plan to cook. Stay tuned!

Right now I am watching Alabama-Kentucky and ready for some more good football today.

LSU-Georgia. LSU barely escaped Starkville last weekend. Georgia has looked good so far this season. I expect Georiga to win. Georgia 27 LSU 14.

Mississippi-Vanderbilt. How will Ole Miss respond after their loss last weekend to South Carolina? Though their SEC title hopes are almost gone I expect them to come back strong. Vandy, who beat them last year in Oxford, always plays them strong. Ole Miss 31 Vandy 22.

South Carolina State- South Carolina. Yawn. USC wins 33-3.

Arkansas- Texas A&M (in Dallas) Should be a good game. If I weren't headed to a birthday party this would be the game to watch. Arkansas has shown they have a fairly good offense. I see A&M winning a close one. Texas A&M 35 -Arkansas 31.

Georgia Tech @ Mississippi State- Last year both teams put up lots of yards but only Tech put up points. That should chance some this year. I hate to pick against my Dawgs but I don't see them winning this game. Georgia Tech 29- State 28.

Auburn @ Tennessee- Both teams fired their coaches last year after poor seasons. Auburn has more talent right now than UT. UT hired the coach that everyone wanted and Auburn hired a coach that only Auburn wanted. Auburn wins. Auburn 24-UT 14.

2 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

go tide

Unknown said...

Didn't predit that score since the game was in progress!