Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday football

Lot of good games on at 11:00 this morning. However, we are going to have a picnic. Anyway, onto my fearless predictions.

Auburn at Arkansas. Auburn jumped to #17 this week. Arkansas should give them a good challenge at home. Is Auburn truly one of the top teams in the country. They will have a real test this week. Arkansas 27 Auburn 21.

Vanderbilt at Army. Vanderbilt goes on the road to a place they should win. Vandy 29 Army 9.

Georgia at Tennessee. Will Tennessee lose for the second week in a row at home? What team will show up for Georgia? Tennessee will slow the game down again but in the end Georgia will have no problem taking down the Vols. In a low-scoring game Georgia 20 Tennessee 13.

Houston at Mississippi State. Can my bulldogs get a win? Houston wants to show their loss last week was a fluke. I have truly no idea which way this will go. My head says the smart money is with the Cougars. My heart says the dawgs have enough. Mississippi State 31- Houston 28.

Kentucky at South Carolina. Hard to believe that UK once had some decent teams. South Carolina 33- Kentucky 20.

Alabama at Ole Miss. One of the two big games this weekend. Alabama is slightly favored on the road and should have enough to win. Ole Miss knows if they can somehow win-out they still have a shot at the BCS national championship. Those hopes end this weekend. Alabama 31 Ole Miss 17.

Florida at LSU. Night games in Baton Rouge always favor LSU. This should be a great game. Hopefully, after the kids are in bed, I can catch the second half. I don't really see Florida blowing out LSU but I don't think LSU is the 4th best team in the country. Florida 30 LSU 24.

Seven games in the SEC today. Would not shock me if I went 2-5 in my picks.

Don't have any plans to grill tonight but did grill a great rib eye last night and hope to have those pictures and recipe posted tomorrow.

No comments: