Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Camping

Last weekend I took the family camping. We ate dinner, breakfast, and lunch all over the grill. I went with foil bags for dinner and breakfast with hot dogs for lunch.

In the dinner bag I put steak tips, mushrooms, onions, and potatoes. Before dicing the potatoes I nuked them for about three minutes to begin the cooking process. I also dumped half a bottle of Moore's Teriyaki marinade on top. Once we arrived at the camp site I got the fire going and put the foil pack right on top. After fifteen minutes I turned it and put two hot dog buns on top.

For breakfast I used a cheese grater on a potatoesto make hash browns. I also bought some frozen link sausages and included them in the foil pack along with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and scoop of butter.

I did take pictures but all you can see is the foil bag. Not very exciting. Both tasted great! Next time you go camping, I recommend you

Next time we camp I need to buy the pots to prepare hot coffee for breakfast. Iced coffee was good but not what we needed on a cold morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids and I are going on a one day camping trip this weekend. Steaks for dinner and Batter Blaster pancakes for breakfast in the morning.

Unknown said...

What are batter blaster pancakes?

Anonymous said...

U can find batter blaster at the grocery store near the eggs. organic pancake batter in a spray can. super convenient, no mess, and tastes good. highly recommended for camping trips and home too. my kids love it.