Friday, November 13, 2009

Tony Chachere's and bourbon


Tony Chachere's is a great seasoning blend that goes well with chicken or steaks. I favor dry rubs like Tony Chachere's over most marinades. I pulled a couple of steaks out of the deep freeze and allowed them to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.

I rubbed a generous spoonful of TC on the steaks and placed them in a bag with 1/2 cup of bourbon. After living in Kentucky for four years bourbon is among my favorite adult beverages. I allowed the steaks to marinade for about four hours an then cooked on each side for about six minutes.

In-doors my wife cooked potatoes and green beans. With a side salad and cold beer, it was a perfect meal.

3 comments:

SheBakes said...

Tony Chachere's and Bourbon are two of my favorite things, too! I will definitely have to try this!

Samantha
Sales & Marketing Assistant
Tony Chachere's Creole Foods

Unknown said...

This sounds like something I need to try in the test kitchen! Thanks for sharing with the world! Hey, can I use this as our next flavor for a marinade?

Cindy Adams-Ardoin
Food Scientist
Tony Chachere's

Unknown said...

Cindy,

Feel free to use it in the test kitchen! I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Philip