Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sliders


I wanted to try something that I had never attempted so I decided on cooking "sliders". If you are familiar with Krystal or White Castle you have probably had one of these tiny burgers. The burgers were all the exact same size when they were placed on the grill-I used a small cookie cutter to try to make them the same. It was interesting how some shrank much more than others. I also cooked them on the charcoal side and had a "smoke pack" in the grill. The smoke pack caught on fire and flamed a couple of the burgers. We had a couple of other people join us for dinner and I tried to have enough for each of us to have three or four burgers.



One of the main reasons we wanted to cook burgers was a recent show on "The Food Network". It featured Pimento Cheese Burgers. Since Renie and I are both fans of Pimento Cheese we knew we wanted to try them. You can see the pimento cheese burger on the right and a regular cheese burger on the left. If you google pimento cheese burgers on the web you will find a few recipes. We just used store-bought pimento cheese and only light seasoned the burgers.

No comments: