Monday, January 19, 2009

Venison Steaks



First let me admit that I don't really know how to cook venison. This was a "back strap" that after cooking I thinly sliced. To prepare it I did a comb of marinade and a rub. I was a little worried that my wife would think that it was too gamey so I may have "over-prepared" the steak. Also, this was not from the doe that I shot over Christmas...I should that meat sometime soon.
The marinade consisted of:

1 cup of apple juice
1/3 cup of oil
2 table spoons of Worcestershire sauce


After soaking in the rub for about an hour I removed and sprinkled with a rub consisting of:

2 tablespoon of sea salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

If you notice the small bowl on the plate you will see that I had left-over rub.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well they sound and look great. That is something I have been wanting to experiment with. Very nice.