Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Twice in One Day


Tonight, in order to celebrate two developmental milestones, we had some friends over for dinner. Their daughter who turned two in October has given up her paci. Junior, who is now three and a half has had many successful potty-training days. Our friends came over and brought some bone-in chicken and a white barbecue sauce. One of my first experiences cooking bone-in chicken and the chicken was nice. After cooking on indirect heat for around 30 minutes I covered one side in white sauce and moved to more direct heat for five minutes before flipping the chicken and adding more sauce. When I re-opened the grill after five more minutes I was surprised to see several pieces engulfed in flames. What fun!


Though I am unsure that this is the recipe our friends used for the white sauce this is one that works well:

1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 cups white vinegar
add sugar to taste
1/4 cup black pepper (more if desired)

1 comment:

Phil's Grill said...

Your chicken looks delicious. I've never grilled with a white sauce before. I will have to try your recipe. If you are interested Phil's Grill is sponsoring a give away. Also I thought your title of your blog very clever.
Betty